Alberta reduces the number of occupations in its Refusal to Process LMIA List
The Government of Alberta has decreased the number of occupations considered ineligible for the Temporary Foreign Worker Program to 24 occupations.
The Refusal to Process list is established and maintained by the Alberta Labour and Employment and Social Development Canada to ensure that employers seek potential workers locally before seeking workers outside Canada.
Canada established the Employer Liaison Service to help Alberta employers find workers locally to fill in-demand occupations.
The Refusal to Process list helps both the provincial and federal government ensure the province’s local skilled workforce thrives.
Any employer attempting to hire foreign workers through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) for the following occupations will be contacted by the Alberta Department of Labour and matched with potential workers in Alberta.
The provincial government says its Refusal to Process list will be revised nearly twice a year.
Occupations removed or replaced on the Refusal to Process a LMIA list:
- NOC 0112 - Human Resources managers
- NOC 1215 - Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations
- NOC 1523 - Production logistics co-ordinators
- NOC 2132 - Mechanical engineers
- NOC 2212 - Geological and mineral technologists and technicians
- NOC 2231 - Civil engineering technologists and technicians
- NOC 2253 - Drafting technologists and technicians
- NOC 7202 - Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- NOC 7231 - Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors
- NOC 7237 - Welders and related machine operators
- NOC 7301 - Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
- NOC 7302 - Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment
- NOC 7311- Industrial mechanics
- NOC 7312 - Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- NOC 8222 - Contractors and supervisors, oil and gas drilling and services
- NOC 8232 - Oil and gas well drillers, servicers, testers and related workers
- NOC 8412 - Oil and gas well drilling and related workers and services operators
- NOC 8615 - Oil and gas drilling, servicing and related labourers
Updated Alberta Refusal to Process occupation list
|0121||Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers|
|0124||Advertising, marketing and public relations managers|
|0212||Architecture and science managers|
|0213||Computer and information systems managers|
|0601||Corporate sales managers|
|1212||Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers|
|1225||Purchasing agents and officers|
|2113||Geoscientists and oceanographers|
|2133||Electrical and electronic engineers|
|7201||Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors|
|7203||Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations|
|7236||Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations|
|7241||Electricians (except industrial and power system)|
|7312||Heavy-duty equipment mechanics|
|7322||Motor vehicle body repairers|
|7371||Crane operators (except all terrain crane operators)|
|9212||Supervisors, petroleum, gas and chemical processing and utilities|