Ontario Releases List of Targeted Information and Communications Technology Occupations for Express Entry Stream
On July 4, the government of Ontario released the list of targeted Information and Communications Technology (ICT) occupations that were recently prioritized under the province’s Express Entry-aligned Human Capital Priorities Stream.
This stream is part of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).
The occupation-specific initiative began on June 26, when the government of Ontario announced a targeted selection of ICT professionals from the Express Entry pool.
Additionally, Ontario lowered the required minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points for selection under the Human Capital Priorities stream to 400 points, which meant that many ICT professionals in Express Entry pool had a higher chance of receiving a Notification of Interest (NOI) than before.
It remains unknown whether Ontario will continue to specifically target ICT professionals in the pool. Recent reports indicate that the government of Ontario is seeking thousands of ICT workers in the years to come.
Ontario searched the pool and specifically selected ICT professionals with the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes:
- NOC 0131: Telecommunication Carriers Managers
- NOC 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers
- NOC 2133: Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- NOC 2147: Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers)
- NOC 2171: Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
- NOC 2172: Database Analysts and Data Administrators
- NOC 2173: Software Engineers and Designers
- NOC 2174: Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
- NOC 2175: Web Designers and Developers
- NOC 2241: Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- NOC 2281: Computer Network Technicians
- NOC 2282: User Support Technicians
- NOC 2283: Systems Testing Technicians
- NOC 5224: Broadcast Technicians
- NOC 5241: Graphic Designers and Illustrators
Upon receiving an OINP nomination through this stream, candidates receive an additional 600 points under the CRS and an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.