Rights And Responsibilities Of Canadian Citizens
Once you obtain your Canadian citizenship, you will be entitled to all of the rights and freedoms afforded to Canadian citizens.
These rights include:
- Legal rights
- Equality rights
- Mobility rights
- Aboriginal Peoples' rights
- The right to peaceful assembly
- The right to vote
- Freedom of thought
- Freedom of speech
- Freedom to practice religion
It is important to recognize that these rights and freedoms come with responsibility.
These responsibilities include:
- To obey Canadian law.
- To express ones opinions freely while respecting the rights and freedoms of others.
- To help those in your community, for example, through volunteering.
- To take responsibility to protect our environment and preserve our heritage.
- To eliminate discrimination and injustice.