Saskatchewan Expression of Interest (EOI) System
All skilled workers looking to immigrate to Saskatchewan under the SINP's Occupations In-Demand and Express Entry sub-categories are required to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) profile to demonstrate their skills and qualifications.
Submitting an EOI to the SINP functions as a 'pre-application' that determines an individual's eligibility for these International Skilled Worker sub-categories. Eligible candidates who score at least 60 points on the SINP's EOI Points Grid are entered into the SINP International Skilled Worker EOI system pool and are ranked based on their EOI score.
Candidates who are selected from the SINP International Skilled Worker EOI system pool are issued an Invitation to Apply for a provincial nomination under either the SINP's Express Entry or Occupations In-Demand sub-categories.
How to submit an SINP Expression of Interest (EOI) profile:
- Create an OASIS account by registering either as an applicant or immigration consultant.
- Provide basic information, including name, date of birth, home country, and email address.
- Answer questions to determine eligibility and sub-category (In-Demand or Express Entry).
- Declare the details of the immigration consultant (if applicable).
- Complete the EOI profile to obtain an EOI point score (out of 100) based on the SINP's EOI points grid.
- Review and submit the completed Expression of Interest (EOI).
The SINP urges candidates in the EOI pool to continue updating their profile with new information that could increase both their EOI point score and the likelihood of receiving an Invitation to Apply from Saskatchewan. This information includes improvements to language test scores and/or demonstrating additional work experience.
How the SINP EOI system works
Expression of Interest (EOI) profiles will be valid for one year from the day of submission and candidates will only be allowed to have one active EOI profile at any given time.
Candidates in the SINP EOI pool will be ranked based on their assigned EOI point score. The highest-ranked candidates will be invited to submit a complete SINP application for a provincial nomination certificate.
Invitations to Apply will be issued by the SINP during draws from the EOI pool that will be held at least once a month.
How candidates in the SINP EOI pool will be ranked
When ranking candidates in the EOI pool, the SINP says it will take the following steps:
- Identify EOI candidates with the highest point score.
- When selecting among candidates with equal scores, the SINP will first prioritize candidates with connections to the province. This includes candidates who receive points for having a close family relative in Saskatchewan, past work experience in Saskatchewan, and/or past study experience in Saskatchewan.
- The province will then prioritize candidates with the most work experience years declared and the highest language scores obtained.
Candidates who receive an Invitation to Apply from the SINP will have 60 days to submit a complete online application to the SINP and provide all the required documentation to support the information declared in their EOI profile.
After obtaining an Invitation to Apply to either the Saskatchewan Occupations In-Demand or Saskatchewan Express Entry sub-category, applicants will be expected to pay a non-refundable application fee.
SINP International Skilled Worker - Saskatchewan Express Entry
This sub-category allows the province to nominate individuals who are already in the federal Express Entry pool and who meet the education, skilled work experience, language ability, and other requirements settle in the province and enter Saskatchewan’s labour market and communities.
Express Entry candidates who are successfully nominated by the SINP receive an additional 600 points toward their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score.
SINP International Skilled Worker - Occupations In-Demand
This sub-category is for skilled workers who don't have a job offer but have work experience in one of Saskatchewan's 33 in-demand occupations. Candidates for this sub-category who later obtain a successful nomination from the SINP are issued a provincial nomination certificate from the Government of Saskatchewan.
Saskatchewan Expression of Interest (EOI) Draws
|Date of Announcement||International Skilled Worker Category||Invitations to Apply (ITAs) Issued||Minimum Points Required for EOI Draw|
|December 6, 2018||Express Entry and Occupation In-Demand||743||61/61|
|November 23, 2018||Express Entry and Occupation In-Demand||514||63/64|
|November 1, 2018||Express Entry and Occupation In-Demand||926||60/61|
|October 10, 2018||Express Entry and Occupation In-Demand||853||60/63|
|September 27, 2018||Express Entry and Occupation In-Demand||438||65/66|
|September 20, 2018||Occupation In-Demand||140||75|
|August 21, 2018||Express Entry||466||68|